Bella Vista 9 Hole Women's Golf Association
A fun loving group, making friends and playing golf
Send Pat Sltatton your photos and I will post them on the website and help keep the TLC page up-to-date by sending Pat the info.
Click on the arrows above to see a smattering of pics from the brunch including: 3 Hole in One Winners: Carol Kaufmann, Darla Luzum & Sandra Foster, members of 20+ years, Steve Morrow, Darryl Muldoon, Paul Gomez, Martha Condon (Perfect Attendance) and more.
We send cards to our members experiencing illness, death in the family or other difficulties? We need your help - let us know if you are aware of any situations.
2 Shari Ogburn
3 Ann Kedrowski
13 Val LeClair
14 Peggy McManus
18 Betty Whittington
25 Susie Grizzle
27 Rhonda Dietz
28 Carol McKibben
1 Pam Ried
2 Shari Reed
3 Geri Paampalone
4 Vera Fenner
11 Jane Krumm
15 Judy Lemoine
17 Peggy Pfeifer
18 Kathy King
23 Patsy Graser
27 Roxann Apathy
We had a wonderful time at the Fall Brunch. Thanks to Judy Lemoine and team for lovely decorations. Pictures are available on the website.
Officers for 2020.
President: Rhonda Dietz
Vice President: Julia Doverspike
Treasurer: Becky Turner
Secretary: Pat Davis
The Executive Board and Committee Chairs are:
Past President - Susan Nuttall
Golf - Peggy Pfeiffer
Membership - Jane Long
Pairings - Margo Eckhardt
Recorder - Sandra Foster
Rules - Ruth Hatcher
Scoring – Susan Nuttall
Webmaster and TLC - Pat Slatton
Handbook: Shari Ogburn
Hole In One: Ann Kedrowski
Publicity: Karin Fowler
Big Sister: Kathy King
Bulletin Board: Dianne Dreher
Social: Committee: Shari Ogburn
Telephone: Martha Condon
Nomination: Sue Tiffany
Gifts: co-chairs: Kathy Swanson
We have had about 45 people fill out the Course & Game Survey on the Website. https://www.bv9wga.com/home/2020-course-game-survey If you haven't yet, please do so. It just takes a minute. We want to have an accurate representation of what courses you want to play next year, how often you would like to play Mixed Flight events and what games you like to play. This will be very helpful for Peggy Pfeiffer, our Golf Chair next year.
Remember, you can join anytime. The membership application is available on the website: BV9WGA.com. The fees are the same as last year. Also please let Pat Slatton know of any TLC items.
I had an exceptionally fun time being the president this year (although I could have done without the loss of Berksdale!). You all have been so kind and flexible. It was truly my pleasure to serve. In the offseason, be safe, keep moving and work on your skills. We are planning to do a few weeks of pre-season golf in March. Watch the website for news. I'm sure I'll see you around town!
1. When playing a team scramble, all players may choose to hit from gold or red tees -Sorry for any confusion on May 13.
2. A Whiff is when you swing the club with the intention of hitting the ball and you miss the ball. A Whiff is all about intention.
Bella Vista 2019 Local Rules
1. All native grass areas are to be treated as a Penalty Area.
2. All permanent Red and Yellow Penalty area stakes are considered immovable obstructions. You can take free relief of swing, stance and line of sight, no closer to the hole, without improving the condition of play. For example, if your ball is in the Penalty Area, relief must be taken within the Penalty Area.
3. All mulched and pine needle areas, and flower pots are considered No Play Zones. Mandatory drop no penalty, no nearer the hole.
4. Unmarked rock drainage is considered Ground Under Repair.
5. All birdhouses and greenside fans are considered temporary immovable Obstructions. Free Relief of swing, stance and line of sight.
6. Washed out areas in bunkers may be played as Ground Under Repair. Free relief by dropping ball back in bunker, no closer to the hole.
Officers - Jan Franklin, secretary
Karin Fowler, Treasurer
Rhonda Dietz, Vice-President
Margo Eckhardt, Past President
Susan Nuttall, President
2019 Bella Vista 9 Hole Golf Association Chairs
Carol Kaufmann, Donna Meyer, Diane Dreher, Jan Franklin, Karin Fowler, Ruth Hatcher, Margo Eckhardt, Pat Davis, Pat Slatton, Rhonda Clymer Dietz, Sandra Foster, Judy Lemoine, Chris Baker, Kathy King, Andy Jackson, Jane Long, Susan Nuttall, Sue Uhlarick