Bella Vista 9 Hole Women's Golf Association
A fun loving group, making friends and playing golf
July 22 - Brittany: 9:30 am - 1 hole throw-out
July 29 - Brittany: 9:30 am - Low Net
August 5 - Brittany: 9:30 am - ABCD Mixed Scramble
August 12 - Kingswood: Tee Times - Low Net
August 19 - Brittany: 9:30 am - Best two gross scores in foursome
August 26 - Member-Guest 4-person scramble at Country Club - Applications are available Click Here
Please help -- notify me, if you are aware of an event or illness of one of our members.
Tune up your game -- check out the group golf classes available this year Click Here
Congratulations! Hole-in-one by three members of our group.
Carol Kufmann June 10th
Hole #* at Berksdale
Darla Luzum June 27th
Hole #2 at Country Club
Sandra Foster Brittany Hole #9
July 8th at Brittany
We send cards to our members experiencing illness, death in the family or other difficulties? We need your help - let us know if you are aware of any situations.
7/15 - Karin Fowler
7/16 - Jan Taylor
7/17 - Mimi Tyte
7/18 - Bette Daw
7/26 - Sue Kelley
7/28 - Sandra Foster
8/3 - Leah Tingblad
8/6 - Barb Jenner
8/12 - Jo Hogan
8/25 - Jan Franklin
Message from the President
- In the next few weeks, we will be saying goodbye to three of our members who will be moving from Bella Vista. Mary Ellen Schultz, Rosemary Gallea and Bobbie Morgan will be on their way to life's next adventures. Please take a moment and wish them well. They will be missed.
Wow! 7:00 is sure early, especially those who live way on the west side. We appreciate everyone getting up at dawn-thirty to come to play at Dogwood. We will be going off the front and back nine. There are 2 tee times before us on the front. These folks graciously moved up their time so we could play early. There is a small chance they may catch some of the players on the back. Please let them play through - it will only take a few minutes.
The game is Fields and Greens. It is an individual game with a team score. We are playing in 2 flights and will pay out 4 positions in both flights. Count the lowest score to reach the green, plus the lowest number of putts. The team score is the total of these two numbers.
With the change in rules to leave the flag in while putting, sometimes the edge of the hole gets damaged when the ball is retrieved. To help keep the hole 'crisp', reach in with your knuckles to the flag and gently retrieve your ball. It's ok to leave the ball in the hole until after another player putts. If you use a retriever, be very careful about scraping the edge of the hole.
Remember to turn in your Member Guest Registration. The home page has links to the invitation and a chart to 'Fill Your Foursome". We want everyone who want to to play! It is a FUN DAY!
Member-Guest Day: Sign up sheet Member-Guest Application is attached. Also available at Kingswood Golf Shop.
Date: Monday, August 26, 2019 , at Bella Vista Country Club
Theme: "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
Colors: Tiffany Blue (a cross between Robin egg blue and teal), White, Black, Gold
Form a Team: Form a team of 4 people. Combinations of members and guests are all welcome. Please sign up early so we have a good idea of how many are coming. See more information on the Website by Tuesday.
Door Prizes: If you would like to donate a door prize please contact Donna Meyer or Carol Kaufmann
Donna: email@example.com, 417-230-4053
Carol: firstname.lastname@example.org, 775-690-6541
- Please adhere to the 90 degree rule with your cart, fill divots with sand and repair your ball marks. Let's do our part to help keep the course in great condition.
- Thanks to Wendy from the Golf Maintenance staff who helped the Memorial Garden Committee by trimming up our shrubs.
Meet Kay Shields
one of our newest members.
1. When playing a team scramble, all players may choose to hit from gold or red tees -Sorry for any confusion on May 13.
2. A Whiff is when you swing the club with the intention of hitting the ball and you miss the ball. A Whiff is all about intention.
Bella Vista 2019 Local Rules
1. All native grass areas are to be treated as a Penalty Area.
2. All permanent Red and Yellow Penalty area stakes are considered immovable obstructions. You can take free relief of swing, stance and line of sight, no closer to the hole, without improving the condition of play. For example, if your ball is in the Penalty Area, relief must be taken within the Penalty Area.
3. All mulched and pine needle areas, and flower pots are considered No Play Zones. Mandatory drop no penalty, no nearer the hole.
4. Unmarked rock drainage is considered Ground Under Repair.
5. All birdhouses and greenside fans are considered temporary immovable Obstructions. Free Relief of swing, stance and line of sight.
6. Washed out areas in bunkers may be played as Ground Under Repair. Free relief by dropping ball back in bunker, no closer to the hole.
Officers - Jan Franklin, secretary
Karin Fowler, Treasurer
Rhonda Dietz, Vice-President
Margo Eckhardt, Past President
Susan Nuttall, President
2019 Bella Vista 9 Hole Golf Association Chairs
Carol Kaufmann, Donna Meyer, Diane Dreher, Jan Franklin, Karin Fowler, Ruth Hatcher, Margo Eckhardt, Pat Davis, Pat Slatton, Rhonda Clymer Dietz, Sandra Foster, Judy Lemoine, Chris Baker, Kathy King, Andy Jackson, Jane Long, Susan Nuttall, Sue Uhlarick